3 DAYS - 2 NIGHTS FROM VND 6.900.000
Journey name: Mekong Crossroad Sampan Cruise
Destinations: Can Tho, Cai Von, Mang Thit, Sa Dec
Journey duration: 3 Days - 2 Nights
Price: from VND 6,900,000/person
Meet us at Victoria Can Tho Resort at 12:00 for lunch at Spices Restaurant. After lunch, the crew welcomes you on board the Song Xanh sampan with chilled towels and a refreshing drink as the boat begins its leisurely cruise on the river.
Observe the endless boat traffic and the quiet but constant activity along the banks. Head ashore at Cai Von Town and stroll through an outdoor market as vendors trade in farming tools, fish traps, Chinese medicine, and fresh produce. Return to the sampan and visit a nearby village where seedlings are grown in a scenic nursery.
Continue cruising on the narrow Tra On River, taking in the riverscapes of mangroves, coconut trees, and stilt houses. Towards sunset, join the larger Hau River, passing green islets as the sun sets on this branch of the Mekong River.
Enjoy dinner on board while Song Xanh sampan cruising on Mang Thit river, moors on the river for the evening
Meals included: Lunch & Dinner
We begin cruising in the early morning hours, just as the villages begin to stir and children get ready for school. After a leisurely breakfast on board, step ashore to visit rice field ,vegetables garden local people in the village.
Continue cruising on the sampan, observe life as it plays out on shore people going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes - while your attentive crew serves tea and seasonal fruit. Lunch is served on board while cruising towards Sa Dec along a narrow canal teeming with life.
Before arriving at Sa Dec, stop at various points along the river for a look into some of the cottage industries of the region including a brick factory where everything is made by hand.
Arrive in Sa Dec, step ashore to visit Phuoc Hue temple where you can learn the process of making soya source or enjoy the peaceful surroundings of the temple with colorful flower and bonsai in the garden.
Continue with sampan along a narrow canal teeming with life. Explore the countryside surroundings by rowboat.
Your last stopover before sunset is at an ancient house (a “Nha Co” in Vietnamese), dating back to the 19th century. The owner will welcome you and a candlelit dinner is served in this authentic countryside setting.
After dinner return on board while the Song Xanh continues its cruise towards the Hau River. Overnight on board.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
We set off early at about 6:30 am to visit the famous Cai Rang Floating Market. Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates towards the market among local barges laden with fruit and vegetables. Be sure to have your camera ready for photos from this unique vantage point! Later on, cruise towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
*Note: Actual itinerary may vary depending upon river tide,arrival time or other conditions
Meals included: Breakfast
1. Our offers are for sharing a cabin. Any single cabin use should pay supplement of VND 6,750,000 nett/ person.
2. Fixed departure on every Monday and Friday. All packages are valid to 30 September 2020.
3. Bookings are allowed to amend check-in date to a later date within 2020.
4. Cancellation policy:
- Cancellation before 30 days of departure is charged at 10% of total booking value.
- Cancellation from 30 days to 15 days prior to departure is charged at 20% of total booking value.
- Cancellation from 15 days to 7 days prior to departure is charged at 50% of total booking value.
- Cancellation of less than 7 days prior to departure and cancellation of bookings on holidays is charged at 100% of total booking value.
- In case of cancellation due to flights/trains/transfers delayed and force major such as natural disasters and diseases, the company will not be responsible for any additional costs other than refunding the expenses for unused services of the tour.
5. Offers are exclusively for residents of Vietnam.
6. Offers are subject to room / service availability
7. Rates apply to new bookings only and cannot be used in combination with any other programs
8. Payment must be made upon booking
9. Rates are inclusive of 5% service charge and 10% government tax
In-House Travel Providers
Our Partners come from within TMG's 4-star portfolio, many of whom boast 20+ years of award-winning experience.
Our Partners offer truly unique travel experiences
Our Partners enable us to deliver consistently high-quality service to clients.
We use our own providers with no middleman, delivering maximum value for money to guests.
Our guests also enjoy extra perks: 15% off on all in-house services & free room upgrades (upon availability at check-in).
Your expert travel consultant will look after you from beginning to end.
We craft your journey from our region-specific experience & extensive local knowledge.
You'll travel with English-speaking guides who are local experts themselves.